水曜日, 6月 07, 2006

Answer - Yanagi Renji

As mentioned previously, here's the cover of Yanagi Renji's birthday single by the title of "Answer" released on 4 June. To be frank, I was stumped for words when I first saw this. Well, the part about Renji not opening his eyes isn't surprising but the clothes he is wearing and the pose he strikes...I just don't know how I should describe it. Somehow, this had the same problem as Sanada's album cover where the pose seemed so awkward and out of place especially when it is compared with the character's usual style and image. The turtleneck shirt is still acceptable to me but that sweater leaves much to be desired. And I would have very much preferred to see Renji's face instead of the side view.

With regards to the song itself, there's no surprises too since the style is of the techno type just like Renji's first single. It would have been better if he can attempt a ballad or even a rock number. Last but not least, the talk clip at the end of this CD is rather silly. Renji was talking about Inui's poor naming sense for his new technique and then the topic suddenly changed to him being confused about his identity where he mentioned he was Inui and then Kabaji. At the end of the day, I am still none the wiser as to what the whole clip is about.

0 件のコメント: