金曜日, 2月 10, 2006

Updates to the OVA DVD series and real-life movie

According to Bandai Visual, the OVA series will be released over 7 volumes with the first on 24 March followed by Vol 2 on 26 May. The first volume will be on the Higa arc but I'm not sure if it can be concluded within 1 episode. I don't really care because I'm more concerned with watching the Hyotei arc which is still in progress within the manga. As long as I get to see the Hyotei team again, that would be good. I don't dare to dream of seeing Rikkai since that might be a long time later considering that it's likely that Seigaku will only meet them during the finals.

With regards to the real-life movie, it is due to be shown in May 06. I dread seeing this though so I'm not excited over this at all. By the way, Konomi-sensei makes a cameo appearance in this movie as mentioned in his message on the manga's Vol 32. He clarified that the real-life movie was not made to follow the trend of manga/anime doing real-life versions in recent years. In fact, plans for this movie was made 2 years ago which was even much earlier than the anime movie. This still fails to increase my enthusiasm towards the real-life movie given that I simply do not like the cast I'm seeing. Spoiling the image of my favourite Atobe and Tezuka is intolerable so forgive me for giving this movie a miss.

0 件のコメント: