土曜日, 10月 08, 2005

Tezuka's birthday single received

Received Tezuka's birthday single yesterday on his actual birthday. Well, although there wasn't much info on the single from the online merchants and NEC Interchannel, I finally get to see the cover and find out the title of this single. As seen from the picture, it shows a side view of Tezuka at a railway track with the setting sun behind him. The title of the single is Dakishimete shimaisousa which means longing to hug you. It's obvious that this song is a love song and I almost thought that this was a slow ballad because of the intro. However, this turns out to be a mid-tempo number instead of the slow song I was expecting. Anyway, the lyrics of the song do convey love as the central theme so I guess this qualifies as a love song. This is kind of different from his usual songs which mainly talk about victory, perservance and rivalry especially seen from his album released earlier this year but I'm not complaining about Tezuka-bucchou singing a love song though.

The second picture is the picture CD itself and the cover is printed on it in purple. Being a single of less than 1000 yen, there's only one song, the karaoke version and of course the talk section. I read somewhere that this single got Oricon No.19 on the daily charts for its first day of release but I'm not sure how this will actually perform on the weekly charts. I'm expecting this to do better than Shishido's single and I would be quite surprised if it doesn't. Somehow, this single seems to be lacking in quite a bit of publicity and I'm quite surprised that I can't locate this title easily from some of the merchants' sites. Imagine me using prince of tennis as a search phrase and this single doesn't come up. I even had to type Okiayu-san's name in one of the sites just to find this CD.

Now for the talk section, it's very short. At least Sanada's talk segment was very funny when he impersonated Atobe. However, the title of the talk clip "shingoku no jitai" (a serious matter) doesn't seem to fit the contents. Okiayu-san just keeps mumbling a set of numbers and says the title repeatedly but I have no idea what he means. Maybe I need to listen to a couple of times before I know what he's driving at. I'm sure those numbers he said were not random and should have some meaning. The problem is, how do I actually know what he is trying to say? It's not a language problem, it's like trying to decipher a secret code. Tezuka-bucchou, why are you playing games with me on your birthday? ^__^

0 件のコメント: