土曜日, 10月 15, 2005

Otanjoubi Omedetou, Yuushi!

Today's the birthday of Oshitari Yuushi, the Kansai-ben genius from Hyotei! He's one of the few characters who wear spectacles and thankfully, his spectacles are not opaque so that we can see his beautiful eyes. Well, although he's not in my top 3 favourites, he's definitely in the next tier of my favourite characters though.

The first time when I saw him was when he followed Atobe and the rest of the team to the street tennis court. At that time, it was hard to take a good look at him and the first impression I got was that he seemed like a rugged type of character. Subsequently, when he appeared again in the Kantou Round 1 Doubles 2 match, it suddenly struck me that he's actually a refined-looking guy who has a poker face. Atobe keeps saying that Oshitari is the genius of Hyotei just as Fuji is the genius of Seigaku so this strengthened my impression of him. In addition, he looked so cool and collected on the court even when the odds were against him. It's difficult to see through his expressions and guess what he's thinking about which makes him a tough opponent. And it seems like he can notice things which others don't see e.g. how he saw through Atobe's frustration at not being able to finish the match with Sanada during the Senbatsu camp and how he tried to outwit Fuji during their training camp in Karuizawa.

And he's the only character who speaks Kansai-ben which makes him stick out from the rest. Of course, with Kiuchi Hidenobu-san's deep voice, it is extremely appealing to me. I started to have this liking for characters who speak Kansai-ben thanks to Oshitari. Somehow, there is this unexplainable draw to them whenever I hear Kansai-ben even though it may be hard trying to comprehend what they have said since there are differences from what I usually hear.

Sad to say, I've never bought any Oshitari CDs to date. I know he has already released a number of singles and one album but I've not been motivated enough to buy them. I've heard the songs in his singles before though via Rajipuri so I'll probably get them when I have spare cash. ^__^ There are so many Tenipuri CDs released to date and it's impossible for me to buy all. Maybe when I finish the DVD and manga collection, I'll start with the CDs of my Top 3 favourite characters i.e. Sanada, Tezuka and Atobe before I finally get to the rest of the characters.

0 件のコメント: