金曜日, 8月 19, 2005

First anniversary of Tenipuri no Sekai

It's been one year since I started this blog. Well, I should have posted more than I really did since 50 entries in 365 calendar days is not anything to boast about. Anyway, this blog details my obsession with Tenipuri and I'm still very enthusiastic over this even though the anime has ended and there's only the manga and CDs to follow. Even the DVDs release will end in Oct.

It all began one fine day when a friend told me about this anime and I gave it a try. Wow, I was hooked from day one and downloaded all the fan sub episodes. Until it came to a stage when I couldn't wait for the fansubs, I actually downloaded the raws to watch first. In a way, this helped to improve my Japanese as it trains my listening abilities so I have Tenipuri to thank in that sense.

I'm still not done with collecting all the DVDs. There are 45 of them and I would still have about 17 volumes (the earlier ones) to buy even though I've bought or reserved the later ones. As for character CDs, I've got the Tezuka album, Genichirou's singles will arrive next month, the movie and anime soundtrack vol 2 and 3. I'll probably get more after I complete the purchase of the DVDs. The more pressing problem is where to store them since I'm running out of space.

News has it that fanbook 30.5 would be out soon. Vol 29 of the manga is already out so vol 30 should be out by Oct. In that case, 30.5 might be published before the end of the year or latest early next year. I guess this will include a lot of info about the teams in the Nationals. Somehow, in my opinion, I don't really like the new rivals especially that Okinawa school which Seigaku is facing. I can't find a single guy who is more pleasing to my eye. The teams prior to the Nationals looked a bit "evil" during the matches but once you got to know them better, you would grow to like them especially Atobe whom I really detested when Tezuka lost to him but now, I'm simply obsessed with him. The teams in the Nationals so far don't seem that "nice" and it's hard to remember them in the manga since animated visuals tend to be easier to remember than still images. Maybe that's why there is this difference in my acceptance of the new characters. However, Chitose and Oshitari's cousin seem quite cool. Oh, I think Oshitari's cousin's name should be Kenya but I'll check again.

Anyway, here's to many returns of the year and hope that I'll continue this for as long as I can. Well, even if Tenipuri ends, I doubt that I'll stop working on this blog since I have lots of things to say.

0 件のコメント: