火曜日, 7月 05, 2005

Theatrical Feature Prince of Tennis Memorial Edition



Wow, I got this premium edition yesterday and I'm simply bowled over by what I'm getting. I'm extremely satisfied with the contents even though I paid so much for it.

First of all, I was SO SUPRISED to see a Hyotei handphone strap as one of the freebies!!! This is what the fans could buy at the screening of the movie and I never thought I could own one of this. Although I would have gone delirious with joy if I had got a Rikkai strap, I'm already jumping for joy at the sight of Hyotei's strap.

Secondly, the extremely refined and beautiful packaging of the box and the cases which hold the DVD! Well, I think it's quite difficult to get the DVD out of the packaging but the box's cover is simply cool. We have the faces of the Seigaku regulars and Ryoga on the main feature while on Atobe's feature, we have him, Oshitari and Mukahi on the front while Kabaji and some of the other schools' members are on the back. Why isn't Genichirou on the cover?! And in each case is a pretty thick booklet featuring a detailed explanation of the plot with pictures. There's also another booklet separate from the cases which has info on the movie on the whole plus interviews with some of the seiyuus.

Thirdly, the reflective board on the back of the box which shows Ryoma or Ryoga depending on the direction you view it from. They look so similar that it's quite hard to get a distinct view of the two. Somehow, I think Ryoga is the Ryoma a few years later and he really looks more like it. In fact, Konomi-sensei said that he had plans to put Ryoga into the manga but the anime beat him to it but Ryoga will appear in the manga in the near future. Maybe we will get to see who he really is.

Last but not least, the additional contents in the DVD itself. Well, the making clips differ since there's the premiere party and seiyuu meeting at the cinemas which are not in the single DVD editions I posted earlier. HOWEVER, the main highlight is the commentary by the seiyuus where you turn off the main track and hear their comments. I heard the double bucchou commentary on the Atobe feature by Okiayu Ryutaro-san and Suwabe Junichi-san and they were so funny! I'm going to watch the main feature which has two sets of comments i.e. by Aozu (Echizen, Fuji, Oishi and Tezuka) and Cap to Bin (Kaidou, Momoshiro, Kawamura, Inui and Kikumaru) before I make further comments.

I'm really glad that I got this special edition. Although it's extremely expensive, it's definitely worth it. ^__^

0 件のコメント: