日曜日, 5月 21, 2006

Otanjoubi Omedetou, Sanada Genichirou!

Finally, at long last! Today is the birthday of Sanada Genichirou, who is one of my Top 3 characters along with Tezuka Kunimitsu and Atobe Keigo. My love affair with Sanada began at a much later date as compared to Tezuka and Atobe since he didn't appear right at the start of the series. In fact, the first time when I saw him, I didn't have a strong impression at all. That was when he was watching the Tezuka and Atobe match during the Kantou Tournament's 1st round with Kirihara Akaya and Yanagi Renji. If I have to say what made me take notice of the trio, that would be their red jerseys which never made a comeback even though I thought that looked very cool. Besides, my attention was completely taken up by the two captains so I wouldn't have time to look at what was happening outside the court.

It was only when Sanada appeared during the Kantou semi-finals against Fudoumine which made me sit up and take notice. At that time, he paired up with Renji and beat the daylights out of the Fudoumine pair. That was the first time I thought this guy looked so cool but it took a while before I actually felt a stronger liking for him. When the final was postponed due to the rain and Sanada beat Echizen during the informal match, I was already bowled over. Finally, after reading the manga itself, I found myself completely obsessed with Sanada to the extent that he now shares top spot with Tezuka and Atobe. It's hard to choose between the three of them so I classify them as my Top 3 favourites instead of forcing myself to kill a lot of brain cells by trying to rank them.

As for why I like him, I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that I have a soft spot for guys who appear tough on the surface and have a gentler side unknown to others. Sanada appears tough, strict, unfeeling and cool but he cares for the people around him although he doesn't show it. For example, he was very worried about Yukimura's condition and from the way he behaved towards the latter, it's evident that he's not as unfeeling as he seems. Another example would be his concern for Kirihara who was facing some doubts over whether to change his violent play style after being beaten by Fuji during the Kantou finals and he was smiling when he saw how Kirihara overcame his problems. As for looks, I must say that he may not be the type whom girls will like at first glance but the more I see him, the more I like him. Maybe that's reflective of the saying, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". ^__^

To mark his birthday this year, NEC Interchannel will be releasing Sanada's first solo album. Too bad I can't get it before Sunday since it's in the shipping process and will be delayed due to the weekend. I can't wait for the item to be delivered to me which I suppose will be from Tuesday onwards.

Name: Sanada Genichirou
School: Rikkaidai Fuuzoku Chuugakkou Year 3
Date of birth: 21 May
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Height: 180cm
Weight: 68kg
Blood Group: A
Play Style: All-rounder, right-handed
Favourite shoes: YONEX Power Cushion 21 (SHT-21)
Favourite racket: BABOLAT VS Drive
Special technique: Fuurin Kaazan, Mienai Serve, Mienai Swing
Favourite food: Nameko Miso soup and meat
Hobbies: Muscle-building, shogi and calligraphy
Family members: Parents and elder brother
Father's occupation: Civil servant (Grandfather is a kendo coach in the police force. By the way, Tezuka's grandfather is a judo coach in the police force. What a coincidence!)
Subjects good at: History and physical education (there's nothing he's bad at)
Favourite colours: Black and grey

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Yeah, Sanada. Also one of my fav. characters. (Maybe 3rd, after Tezuka & Fuji). So strong, but I didn't like chap. 300 when Konomi decided to make Atobe stronger than Sanada. -_-