土曜日, 4月 02, 2005

Ep 177 & 178 ~ Owari

Mixed emotions after watching the final 2 episodes...Well, I'll get down to the things which I'm not so happy about before I come to the good stuff ^__^

1) Why on earth did they let Echizen come back and WIN Tezuka?
I know if he doesn't win Tezuka, he wouldn't be able to "progress" to greater heights but the way it is done is so unconvincing. It's as if they HAVE to let Echizen win in order to round up the story. What rubbish! To be frank, I still don't think Echizen is that invincible to force Atobe to a draw when they were in Karuizawa, beat Sanada in Kantou Finals or beat Tezuka in this match. No doubt he has improved a lot since the beginning but to be that good in a span of 6 months to beat the top rank players in Kantou? Fusakeruna! Luckily, they didn't state the scoreline or I would have been even more angry. Who cares if it's 7-6 or 6-0? I just don't want Tezuka to lose to such a kid!

2) Echizen winning against Lleyton Hewitt?
This part was really hillarious and well, a bit humiliating to the pros in the tennis scene. If they had just put Echizen against some unnamed player in the final scene, it would have been OK but Lleyton Hewitt? To set the record straight, I am not a Hewitt fan but for his name to be used in such a situation, I'm sure he won't be excited to know about this.

3) The longwinded thanks for all the regulars
Well, I know how grateful he is to the team for helping him in one way or another to get to where he is now but the longwinded "ima made arigatou gozaimashita" was really getting on my nerves. It's not like the forever cool Echizen to be so passionate about such things so the mood is just not so right.

After the issues I have, now comes the good things...

1) Hyotei making it to Nationals!!!!
OK, I heard about it when some websites mentioned that this was in the manga (it's not news anymore) so I can't wait anymore and will go and buy the manga today. Not all the volumes at one go, probably getting 10-15 volumes today. Japanese version is not cheap, about SGD 10 per volume. I would have settled for the Chinese version from Singapore or Taiwan but then...I think it's better to buy the Japanese version. Can improve my Japanese too and besides, I don't like to see Chinese translated names for the characters like Longma for Ryoma. Enough of the rambling on the manga. I'm glad that they made the announcement in the final episode since I think that Hyotei does deserve a ticket to the Nationals. And it was nice seeing the Hyotei team again!!! Fantastic!!! Oshitari seems to be less enthusiastic about the news than the others since he thought that Atobe would not accept this way of entering the Nationals (by a wildcard entry since the Nationals are in Tokyo) but turns out that Atobe is more than happy with this development. When I saw Atobe say "Oresama to tomo ni zengoku e ikou!", I really shared their joy. Banzai, Hyotei!

2) Atobe's ore-sama power zenkai!
There are a number of scenes of Atobe like him working out in the Atobe Sports Gym, running in a red jersey which are so precious footage. It was an unexpected treat to see so much of Atobe even though I thought that it was going to be Echizen all the way for the final episodes. I'm falling in love with Atobe-sama again!

3) Genichirou and Yukimura appearing!!!
I thought I would never see them again after the Senbatsu arc. Although Genichirou didn't speak at all in the two scenes he appeared (one in Echizen's dream and the other at the Nationals opening ceremony), it was enough for me to see him again. And Yukimura chatting with Tezuka was an added bonus. Too bad I won't get to see them fighting it out on the courts. Why am I getting so excited over them? ^__^ I miss Rikkaidai...

Well, now that everything has ended (not the case for the manga and DVD release), what do I think of the chances for Tenipuri to return with an OVA or second season? I really doubt that there would be a second season going by the fact that Nanjiro and Rinko moved back to the US with Ryoma. Without the prince, how does the title stand? They can't be going back to the US if Ryoma is only going to be there for a while. Unless they let Ryoma come back or focus on the Nationals without him (which I do prefer instead of letting Ryoma hog the limelight AGAIN), a second season remains a remote responsibility. Oh my Genichirou, Kunimitsu and Atobe-sama! Or if they are planning to hold the anime until the manga catches up the Nationals arc, they might come back with Season 2 again. Otherwise, I think an OVA or movie might be more likely based on the current circumstances.

In the meantime, I would have to be content with the monthly DVD releases and try to collect the manga as soon as possible to feed my Tenipuri addiction...

0 件のコメント: