水曜日, 12月 31, 2008

Looking back at 2008 & 明けましておめでとうございます!

It's the last day of the year again and just a few months ago, I decided to "revive" this blog again since I wasn't content to let it go into history silently. I felt that I had more to contribute so here I am, continuing with this journey of Tenipuri. I don't know how much material I can post or how long this journey will take but as long as there are new items or info in the Tenipuri family, I will try to update them here.

However, for Tenipuri, this year marks the end of the manga and the impending end of the OVA series is approaching next month. After almost 10 years (Jul 99 to Mar 08), the manga ended with Seigaku winning the Nationals. Well, that's kinda expected since Seigaku is the lead team in the story.

However, I would have much wanted Rikkaidai to win as I did not like the expected pattern of Ryoma always winning. It makes a mockery out of the true blue elites in Rikkaidai especially Yukimura. Not to mention Atobe and many other great ones. I'm glad that Sanada won over Tezuka (although I like both of them almost equally) since the former was made to lose to that chibi at the Kantou finals. Sort of feels like sweet revenge for Sanada since this gives greater gratification than if he had been pitted against Ryoma. If it had been Tezuka who won the final match against Yukimura, that might have made me feel better. Anyway, what's done cannot be undone. I just feel terribly upset over this when I think of how Rikkaidai lost.

No doubt the OVA and manga have come to an end, I believe Rajipuri, Tenimyu and the CD releases will continue for some time. Not to mention the countless variety of Tenipuri products released. I'm not even done with posting all the items released in 2008 so you can expect more updates on the merchandise family. There are also many Tenipuri CDs which I bought but have yet to post the romaji lyrics. I hope you have found those lyrics useful when learning how to sing the songs.

If you have any views on this blog or the content posted, please make use of the comment function.

Thank you and may you have a great 2009 ahead! More Tenipuri coming your way!

0 件のコメント: