日曜日, 1月 29, 2006

Updates on Tenipuri real-life movie

Some updates on the upcoming real-life adaptation of the Tenipuri movie. Well, I won't be watching this when it gets released on DVD since I don't want to spoil the wonderful impression I have on the manga and anime but I'll still provide information on this from time to time. Anyway, the official screening date has not been revealed but what happened was that pre-sale tickets are available since 28 Jan. For those who buy them, they get a choice of the Seigaku or Hyotei wrist watches. Personally, I prefer the Hyotei version since the blue colour for Seigaku is not as nice. Another point to note is the ticket price which is extremely cheap as compared to the norm. For kids from 3 all the way to 12, they pay only 800 yen. As for older students or adults, it's just 1300 yen. Looking at the cinema line-up, I get the feeling that this is not going to be a nationwide release in many big cinemas but rather selected niche theatres. This seems kind of different from what happened during the anime movie run. Does that give an inkling of the quality of this production and the expected number of visitors to turn up and watch the real-life movie? Anyway, just looking at the poster in the picture makes me shake my head. How could they "destroy" two of my Top 3 favourites by making Tezuka and Atobe look like that?! I don't want to get started in my criticism of the movie whenever the topic is raised so I'll try to restrain myself now.

Luckily, the anime OVA series is continuing so I'm thankful that I won't be subjected to the nightmare of this real-life movie. I just hope that there are no more sequels to such real-life adaptations. Spend the money wisely on other things like the anime OVAs and movies, CDs and manga instead.

1 件のコメント:

Chiaki さんのコメント...

Thanks for your compliments and hope that you would continue to support this blog.