火曜日, 12月 06, 2005

Received Vol 31 and Fanbook 30.5 today

At long last, I've finally received the above titles from Amazon Japan. Although I ordered them from HMV Japan initially, they were still unable to ship it 2 days past the release date so I decided to cancel the order and find them on Amazon since they could ship it within 24 hours. The shipping was much more expensive though so I think I'll probably refrain from buying books from them unless I can't find them from other sources. The cost savings they offer on DVDs though is sufficient to cover the additional shipping so it's still cheaper on the whole. I can't say the same for books though. I thought express shipping will result in better treatment of my stuff but this is just like what happened to my last order of the fanbooks 10.5 and 20.5 which were shipped by sea shipping. The packaging is spoilt yet again and it's evident that the box was opened in the first place. I wonder if it happened due to wear and tear during the shipping process or it was actually opened for checking at customs. Otherwise, I simply do not understand how a box made of stiff cardboard material can appear so rundown with dents at the edges and a depression on the top. I certainly hope that this will not happen to my DVDs as I don't expect such service after paying so much for it to be shipped by DHL.

I will finish the manga first before doing a feature. As for the Fanbook, I flipped through it and was pleasantly surprised to find some nice photos of my favourite trio i.e. Sanada, Tezuka and Atobe. Since this is an illustration book, there is nothing written in it except for lots of pictures. I've seen quite a number of them but there are also many new pictures in this book. And the packaging is quite nice so I'll probably scan it later on.

0 件のコメント: