木曜日, 12月 29, 2005

Megane's single - Go! Go! Megane's

Received the Megane's single today which is actually 3 days earlier than the release date on 1 Jan. Well, the CD was sent yesterday so I'm very surprised that HMV Japan managed to get this at such an early stage. Anyway, I have no grouses about receiving this before the start of the New Year. The cover is so nice and I could go on ranting about it. All of them are wearing casual clothing with Oshitari in the middle. I have an extremely soft spot for Tezuka since he's one of my Top 3 favourite characters so it's natural that I'll say he looks the best on the cover. I think he has a tendency of wearing purple so I wonder if it's due to the work of the anime staff. And he looks extremely stylish with the chain hanging at the side of his pants. Oshitari's pose is so sexy and the way he sits is just so appealing. I bet the Oshitari fan girls will be drooling over him. In fact, I find that I'm also quite taken by his pose. As for Inui, he seems to pale in comparison since he wears a plain T-shirt with jeans only. I thought it would be good to include Yagyuu too since his exclusion is quite obvious in the lineup of spectacles-wearing characters. Anyway, there's no point harping on this since the CD has been released. The focus of this CD seems to be on Oshitari because Kiuchi Hidenobu, the seiyuu for Oshitari wrote the song. No wonder he is put in the centre of the trio which usually enjoys the most attention.

Talking about the song itself, it is a rock-style number with a tinge of retro style. In the lyrics, the word "megane" (spectacles) is repeated so frequently as if to emphasize the theme that this song is sung by three guys who wear spectacles. The content is addressed to a girl and talking about how you will fall in love with the guy who wears spectacles. There is also mention of real and intense passion beyond those lenses. Evidently, this is a love song which tells people how appealing these guys in spectacles are and it's better to take them seriously since you will be "swallowed" by their seriousness and love once you look at their eyes. The fast tempo makes this song very easy to remember. I'm already swooning after listening to it twice.

Besides the song, there is a 2-minute plus chat session among the characters. Well, I wouldn't say that it classifies as a chat since they were talking about unrelated things. Oshitari starts off first by talking about the recording where Inui and Tezuka appear and tell Oshitari that they are in a train carriage meant for people who wears spectacles. The Seigaku guys then poke fun at Oshitari and give him something to choose. I didn't catch what they were choosing but the clip ended with them getting off the train and Oshitari grumbling that he was given the yellow item while the two got blue and red. Well, what exactly are they talking about?

Frankly speaking, I thought it would be better if Interchannel puts a longer clip or includes more songs on these character CDs. Otherwise, paying 700 plus yen for such 1-song CDs seems to be less worthwhile than past singles which cost more than 1000 yen but offers more content.

0 件のコメント: