月曜日, 11月 21, 2005

Tenipuri Calendar received

I received the TRY-X calendar today despite it being shipped from CD Japan last Friday. The weekend caused the delay or I would have got it by last Saturday which was the release date. Anyway, I won't be scanning the pictures here since they won't fit into my scanner but I'll give a description about this item.

Firstly, the cover is Ryoma which I have posted the picture before on the blog. It may be worth noting that a number of characters have been removed from the 2006 edition including Davide, Bane-san, Sakaki-sensei, Dan Taiichi and Tachibana Kiipei. At the same time, there are new additions like Wakashi Hiyoshi, Taki Haginosuke and Kisarazu brothers. As compared to the jumbled combinations of the 2 versions from 2005, this year's calendar is more organised and even has themes for each of the 6 pictures. Except for the Rikkai squad and the first picture, everyone is dressed in their uniforms/jerseys.

For the months of Jan and Feb, Inui, Momo, Kaidou and Ryoma appear at a snow-filled place where they have made a snowman which resembles Tezuka and Inui is about to slip and fall as he tries to hold on to the head of another bigger snowman. The title of this picture is "Who is this snowman?". Well, this is so simple that everyone can spot it at first glance.

Next for Mar and Apr, there are 5 guys standing under the cherry blossom trees namely Ibu, Kamio, Saeki, Sengoku and Akutsu and the picture is titled "Row of cherry blossoms". They are wearing the winter version of their uniforms where Fudomine and Rokkaku's are very similar to what Seigaku has. Yamabuki's uniform is in white though.

In May and June which is named "midafternoon tea time", it's mainly made up of St Rudolph members i.e. Mizuki, Akazawa, Fuji Yuuta sitting in the comfort of indoors and enjoying biscuits and tea. The Kisarazu brothers are standing outside with an umbrella and looking at them. Well, it just seems kind of weird to see Kisarazu Ryo to appear among the St Rudolph squad but I like to see him with his brother.

And during the summer holiday season of Jul & Aug titled "happy vacation", we have the whole Hyotei squad on a train going to somewhere. Yes, all 9 members i.e. Atobe, Oshitari, Jirou, Kabaji, Shishido, Ootori, Gakuto, Wakashi and Hagi appear together where some of them seems to be busy with homework. I would wish to see them in casual clothes though instead of the Hyotei uniform. Besides that, the only complaint I have is that Atobe-sama is only featured on his side-view!

For Sep and Oct, there's the whole Rikkai team i.e. Sanada, Yukimura, Yanagi, Niou, Yagyuu, Marui, Jackal and Kirihara at a karaoke lounge. The two captains are singing while Kirihara and Jackal are playing instruments. And yes, everyone is in casual clothing. Actually, I don't mind seeing them in uniforms too since I like that too. Before I forget, the title is "K.A.R.A.O.KE!" to match the venue shown in the picture.

Last but not least, we have the 5 remaining members of the Seigaku team and they are all 3rd year students in this picture named "believed tomorrow". They are Tezuka, Oishi, Taka-san, Eiji and Fuji wearing their jerseys with the beautiful nightscene and a ferris wheel in the background. I'm swooning over this picture because Bucchou and Fuji look very cool here. I like the Seigaku jersey but I thought it might be more interesting to see them in casual clothes.

On the whole, I'm quite satisfied with this calendar and am glad that I bought it. However, I wonder if there will be a new version for 2007 now that the anime has ended. Oh, since there's the OVA in Mar 06, I guess that increases the chance that Try-X will publish a calendar for Tenipuri.

0 件のコメント: