日曜日, 8月 22, 2004

Tezuka Kunimitsu (Prince of Tennis)

I'm getting very much obsessed with this anime by the day! Ever since Slam Dunk, this is the only sports anime which has got me hooked although there were other favourites of different genres along the way like Kindaichi, Tantei Gakuen Q, Psychometrer Eiji.

Tezuka Kunimitsu

I started at the recommendation of a friend who said that one of the characters, Momo looks very much similar to Mabo, one of my favourite Japanese artistes BUT I ended up falling for Tezuka instead. Somehow, I guess I have a tendency to like guys like Tezukawho has a hidden past or something like in this case, an injury. Maybe that's why I like Mitsui in Slam Dunk since he was also nursing an injury and had a not-so-glamourous past. Tezuka is cool, mature and yet funny in a sense especially when he accidentally drank Inui's Juice and pretended that it didn't affect him but in actual fact, his hand was trembling from the awful taste. And I was totally bowled over when he tried to help Ryoma break out of his limits at the risk of aggravating his injury. I really felt that he was very concerned about Ryoma and went out his way to help him achieve greater heights. Somehow, he must have felt that Ryoma would be the pillar of support of Seigaku in time to come so that's why he took the extra effort to help Ryoma understand that playing tennis for the sake of beating his father Nanjiro is not going to help him get to the next level. I was so touched by his gestures that Tezuka became my top favourite among the whole list of equally cute and interesting characters. Not to mention how kakkoii he is when doing those drop shots and actually "finishing off" Momo in just 5 minutes. Sasuga Buccho desu ne!

More ravings to come...

0 件のコメント: