木曜日, 5月 18, 2006

OVA Vol 3 Cover

This is the cover of OVA Vol 3 which includes 2 episodes. The two matches featured in this volume are the Singles 2 match where Kikumaru makes his debut in a singles match and the Doubles 1 match involving Inui and Kaidou. I guess the selling point of this volume would be Kikumaru's first attempt at standing alone on the court without Ooishi's assistance so he gets to enjoy the spotlight on the cover.

The things which catch my attention would be his pose as well as the fact that he is shown wearing black tights under his shorts. I don't remember any of the characters wearing this before, neither in the anime or manga (maybe there was but I didn't notice though) so was this deliberate or a mistake in the visual? As for the pose, I don't think there's a need to show Kikumaru leaping up just to stress the point that his star technique is acrobatic play so I would have preferred him with the usual megawatt smile and wink instead.

Although Inui and Kaidou's match wasn't featured prominently in the manga, I thought they deserved a little spot on the cover though. I would have preferred them rather than those Higa guys who get on my nerves every time I see them. Of course, this does not apply to Hiragoba Rin though. ^__^

3 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Its a rather nice cover.

the only person I've seen wear black tights has been Eiji. You really only see them now and again, though. Those baggy shorts do nothing when falling and leaping. ^.^; The poor thing needs to cover up.

Chiaki さんのコメント...

I see...maybe I wasn't paying too much attention to what Eiji wears under his shorts ^__~

I guess it's primarily due to the fact that I always look at my favourites whenever they appear and don't spare as much effort on the other characters.

However, I think it's better to cover them up instead of exposing them deliberately on the cover in this manner. It could have been done in a better way.

匿名 さんのコメント...

Very true.

Perhaps it was chosen to go with this cover because they thought he had a larger role (in a sense of Character evolution) and wanted to shove it in the viewers face. Or they thought he would be the most popular given the main events of the episodes.

I don't rightly know, but I agree--it is could have been done a different way that was still eye catching.