月曜日, 3月 20, 2006

Tenipuri Real-Life Movie website

Other than lots of complaints about the real-life movie messing up the story and an equally controversial cast line-up, I am convinced that my decision to avoid this movie like the plague would be in my best interests especially after surfing the official website. I value my life and do not want to die of being so angry over it. Besides, I still want to indulge in my wonderful world of the anime and manga so I don't want the real-life movie to spoil things for me. Thus, you won't see a single screenshot of the website here. That just shows how much I'm so against the adaptation of Tenipuri into this movie. And I cannot understand why Konomi-sensei allowed this to happen. Did he have a say in rejecting this proposal?

Here are the differences which made my blood boil and strengthened my resolve to boycott the movie:

(Note that the following also appears in the forum I manage.)

- In the movie, Nanjirou (Kishitani Goro) called Ryoma back to Japan and enrolled him in Seigaku BUT in the manga, the whole Echizen family had been in the US before Ryoma was even born and they moved back to Japan together.

- In the movie, Ryuuzaki Sumire (Shimatani Hitomi) is the junior of Nanjirou and the coach of Seigaku's tennis team BUT the original setting is Ryuuzaki-sensei is Nanjirou's TEACHER and is an obasan. Her granddaughter is in the same academic year as Ryoma i.e Junior High Year 1 so how young do you think Ryuuzaki-sensei is? That was why I kept harping on the point that Shimatani is not suitable to play Ryuuzaki and wondered why the decision was made this way. Now then I know this is deliberate.

- Where is Sakuno? She is the granddaughter of Ryuuzaki-sensei and was saved from some gangster-like characters on the train through Ryoma's intervention. She is important because she has been holding a torch for Ryoma and his seniors keep teasing him about Sakuno even though he doesn't realise her feelings. Although I found her a nuisance at times when she kept chanting Ryoma-kun, I still think she's essential to the story. And what do you have in this movie? A new character Higaki Shion who's sickly and has an elder brother Egate who's after Ryoma's blood for whatever reason!

- There is no such member by the name of Egate Macroudo Higaki in Hyotei Gakuen! Can they stop pushing such unknown characters to Hyotei's wonderful lineup of bishonens?!!! What will Atobe think of such a character in his team?!

- Oishi did not play in the Kantou Tournament First round against Hyotei because he was injured. Momo was the one who played doubles 2 with Eiji against Oshitari and Mukahi. And in the movie, Momo gets sidelined?!

- In the reserve match, Ryoma should have played Hiyoshi instead of this who-knows-where-he-comes-from Egate Higaki.

- As for the cast, I give up totally. How can they spoil Tezuka and Atobe's images like that?! How can Ore-sama Atobe look like a punk and Tezuka look soooo old?! What happened to Ore-sama's classy rich boy look and Tezuka's demure handsome guy look? Oh no!!!

- And Kishitani Goro doesn't look like the lecher-oyaji Nanjirou but I think he can cover up this flaw because he's a good actor.

I doubt I'll have the motivation to post any information about the movie in future. For updates, please go to the official website. I will stay true to the manga and anime so my blog will follow my beliefs. Sounds like a political statement? ^__^

0 件のコメント: