土曜日, 3月 11, 2006

Real-life movie updates (11 Mar 06)

Currently, the pre-sale tickets of the Tenipuri real-life movie are available through the Animate stores in Japan. The list of branches where this can be bought is shown here. As I've mentioned before, there will be a freebie given to those who buy these pre-sale tickets. The picture of the silicon bands bearing the words Seigaku and Hyotei will offer you a closer look as to how the items appear since my last picture posted wasn't as clear as this. Once the stock runs out, they will not be replenished so for those who happen to be in Japan now or are going there soon, you may wish to check this out at the Animate stores since I doubt they will be made available via other channels like Mekke!. Even if you will not watch the movie, buying the ticket at 1300 yen just to get this silicon band seems like a good deal, at least to me. ^__^ Personally, I like the Hyotei version better because the Seigaku band has a rather dull colour and the words don't really stand out. Either way, I like both schools so it doesn't really matter. Just for your information, there was also a handphone strap given for the purchase of the anime movie's deluxe version and I happened to get the Hyotei type where the other two available were Seigaku and Rikkai. You won't get to see what you get until you buy the DVDs and unwrap the packaging. If I have the time, I will scan the handphone strap and post the image here.

Before I forget, here's a picture of the real-life movie poster which I believe will be displayed at the stores. I doubt it will be for sale, at least not for the time being until the movie is shown in summer. Although I've said repeatedly that I will not watch the real-life movie, I can't help but grumble when I see this poster. The guy on the far right seems to be Inui so why on earth is he so short? Inui is supposed to be one of the taller guys in Seigaku so it looks weird for him to be only a little taller than Echizen. I have to admit that this poster is so small that I can't see their faces clearly so I can't really judge whether they look like the actual characters. I did see a photo of the guy who is playing Tezuka and I can't help but exclaim that he looks way too old to play Tezuka. OK, Tezuka may be known as one of the characters who look older than their actual age (in fact a lot of them and my Top 3 favourites all fall into this category ^__^ ) but do the staff of this movie have to spoil the feel by getting someone looking like this? Forgive me for saying this but the more I read and hear about the real-life movie, the more resistant I am towards watching it. I'm not sure if anyone is really enthusiastic about this movie since I've heard numerous negative comments from fellow Tenipuri fans. Let's just hope that the movie can do OK in the box office and not end up as a flop to dent the reputation of this successful and popular series. I would have thought that doing a real-life movie of an anime or manga would require searching for people who look close to the original characters or have a similar feel. For those who have never paid attention to the musicals or even watched them, how are we supposed to be enticed to watch this movie when we can't name most of the cast members? There are a lot of anime or manga adaptation movies coming up this year but this must be the only one which I feel strongly about the choice of cast members and am reluctant to watch.

1 件のコメント:

Chiaki さんのコメント...

Are you referring to the real-life movie? That will only be shown this summer in Japan so it will be at least a good 6 months later for the DVD to be released. And I can tell you now that I won't buy it as I've mentioned repeatedly on the blog.

If you are referring to the anime movie's DVD, yes, I have all three versions i.e. the deluxe package and the other 2 normal press DVDs.