金曜日, 9月 30, 2005

Tenipuri DVD Vol 44 First press photos

As mentioned previously, here are the three free snapshots from the anime given away in the first press edition of Vol 44. The first photo here is the scene when Fuji happened to be outside the hospital where Tezuka was receiving treatment for his arm and they were walking home at that time. I remember that this happened during their second year in winter so that explains the coats they were wearing. I might have to watch the episode again to recall what they chatted about during this journey home. Among the three photos, this is my No.1 favourite.

And this photo shows Echizen and Kevin together when they are in US where Echizen is preparing to take part in the US Open. I think this scene happens to be when Kevin is bringing Echizen around to see the court he will be playing on. I don't dislike them at all but the fact remains that I like the older guys better. These two feel more like younger brothers to me so my passion for them is not as strong as my top favourites. Kevin was quite irritating initially when he kept saying that he wants to take revenge on Echizen before the US-Japan match arc but after that, he became more likeable, at least to me.

Last but not least, the Year 1 version of Fuji Shuusuke in a very kawaii form. He's always smiling so much that his eyes cannot be seen. When you see his eyes, that's usually when he gets angry. If I'm not wrong, this should be the scene when Tezuka was being bullied by the seniors to clean up the courts after practice and Fuji came to help him along with the other regulars like Oishi, Inui and Taka-san. I can't remember whether Eiji had joined the tennis club at that time though. Tezuka did try to reject Fuji's help because he didn't want them to be implicated but Fuji's persuasion ruled in the end.

More photos and content from Vol 44 in time to come. I might as well dig out the earlier volumes of the DVD and do features on them since I've got first press editions from Vol 33 onwards and some of the earlier volumes before that.

0 件のコメント: